Tuesday, January 6, 2009

We have the technology, we can rebuild her

Off to knee surgery in a few minutes.  I slept lousy last night and I'm thirsty.  But neither of those is a big surprise.  I'm not as nervous about the surgery as I was yesterday afternoon.  I was doing some not terribly interesting tasks at work and my mind got to wandering.  Often not a good thing.  I recognized that excessive worry wasn't going to do any good...and also that just telling myself not to worry wasn't going to do any good.  So I pulled out my iPod and put on Dustin Salter's sermon on providence.  Excellent sermon and what I needed to hear right then.  No matter what happens today, it is God's plan and I am in His hands.  His are the hands that guide the boat.  His are good hands and there is no better place that I can be.

Thanks to all who are praying for me.  I'll update when I get back and get recovered enough to form coherent sentences and type.  Until then, no news is good news (unless you're Mom, she gets a phone call either way.  :) )

No comments: