Sunday, September 2, 2007

Overflowing with blessings

This is the day that the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it.
That "us" there very much includes me. And I think I needed that little reminder. It is true that the hotel I'm staying in is not quite of the standard that I'm used to and the people I've been dealing with are also different than those I generally interact with. But it is also true that I have the resources to take this vacation including coming out a day early, staying in a hotel, getting a cab (or two) to this hotel, buying some food, taking hte time off work and everything else and, really, when I'm honest with myself, financially I won't even really feel this. But, beyond the material blessings that I've been given that have allowed me to do this trip, I'm also getting a chance to worship the one true, creator God this morning, with a family of believers. And that's all made possible thanks to a guy I've never met who's going out of his way to provide me transportation and, oh yeah, he's preaching this morning too. I have a family back home who will miss me this morning and will be praying for me, others who are taking care of my house and cats while I'm gone. And so many other things. Sometimes I get so wound up in worrying about how things aren't going exactly how I think they should that I forget how amazingly blessed I am.

This morning I was reading John 1. Jesus calls his first disciples in John 1:35-42. They ask where Jesus is staying, he says "Come and you will see." Later, Philip and Nathanael are talking about Jesus and Nathanael asks if anything good can come out of Nazareth. Philip responds "Come and see.". I'm looking forward to seeing what God has in store for me this day and this week. Oh that I would be open to the adventures and challenges He's laid before me and that, regardless of how tired and cranky I get (how cold the Hab is, how bad the food is), that I would remember tha amazing blessings that He continues to pour out on me.

No comments: