Sunday, January 28, 2007

Leaving on a jet plane

"My bags are packed, I'm ready to go...."
Tomorrow morning I head out to Tennessee. Another business trip and not one that I'm looking forward to. 8-10 (or maybe 11 or so) days of round the clock testing. No time off for weekends. I'm sharing the test support with Jeff (my soon to be ex-boss) and then Valerie (another co-worker) after Jeff comes home. So, I'll be working somewhere around 12-14 hour days. I tried hard to get out of this one, mostly because I'm not fond of working more than six days straight. But that just didn't work. Seems it's a bad time for a lot of people to travel and, other than missing the Super Bowl party with the kids and possibly the Heart-to-Heart Valentine's dinner at church, I don't have any conflicts that keep me in town. So, I'm going. My attitude about the trip has improved at least some since it became apparent that I was going to have to go on this trip. But I'm still not looking forward to it. Oh, and the bags being packed thing, not exactly true. I've got my last load of laundry in the washer (mostly because I needed to wash the jeans I'm wearing tomorrow) and I won't put my Bible into my pack until after breakfast....but otherwise, I'm good.

What I've learned recently:
- I've got enough socks, underware and t-shirts to go up to 14 days without doing laundry. Underware is the limiting factor.
- Airport carry-on baggage x-ray machines can't see through Power Bars very well.
- Wearing a hat helps you keep warm as you bed down for the night.

No comments: