Sunday, January 6, 2008

In which I demonstrate my unusual talents

I've got a number of unusual talents and I got to display a number of them this weekend.

Saturday evening, waiting for dinner at Chili's with Bill and Keith, I demonstrated my talent for building "card houses" out of sugar packets (fake sugar is easier than real sugar).  

This evening, at the epiphany party I got to entertain the kids by juggling dinosaurs.  They were the first thing I could find three of.  Not terribly easy to juggle, especially since I have small hands.  But people applauded, so I guess it went okay.  

And, then, later, I continued with my talent of spouting obscure quotes from movies that aren't as well known as you'd think.  At least Kathryn chuckled.  "Mostly dead is different than all dead."  Her youngerest brother, didn't even blink.  I'm thinking perhaps he's too young to have seen The Princess Bride enough times to be able to quote at least the beginning of the sword fight. (And I do mean the actual sword fight, not the dialogue.  Why yes, I am a child of the '80's, why do you ask?)

It's been a short weekend, but, overall, a pretty good one.

1 comment:

Ben said...

There is no excuse for anyone of any age to be unable to at least recognize any given Princess Bride quote. There oughta be a law.