Friday, February 15, 2008

Little things that make me smile

Some little things that make me smile:
- Buying milk with an expiration date of 29 February.  I don't remember ever having done that before.
- Getting significant change from a single dollar when buying useful, and generally much higher priced, items at a store.  Oh how I love coupons.  And I got to do this twice tonight: Once at Walgreens for some deoderant that cost me $0.60 and once at Albertsons where four boxes of instant oatmeal and one round container of "old fashioned" oatmeal (also known as oatmeal cookie making oatmeal) cost me a total of $0.40.  I did it last week at Tom Thumb too.  $0.06 for a container of soft soap and a bag of frozen broccoli.  And I found a nickel on the ground when I was walking out.
- How much brighter and more cheery the cardio room at the gym looks with the addition of the new, large window.  And the huge smiles on the faces of the staff when I mention that window.

No comments: