Saturday, June 16, 2007

I'm goin' in

While I can't really complain about the rain we've been getting (again), it has been messing up my Saturday chore schedule. Normally I deal with the yard while listening to NPR on Saturday mornings. Click and Clack usually accompany me while I weed eat and mow. If I'm doing anything more serious, or it takes more than about an hour, the team from Wait, Wait...Don't Tell Me help me finish up. And that works out great. With headphones and ear protectors, my mind gets entertained while the rest of me keeps my yard from getting too overgrown.
However, between coming back from RYM and the rain, I haven't been able to mow since before I left and the weeds not only greatly out number me right now, but I think they're plotting to overthrown the nearby neighborhood associations (and tomorrow...The World!!!).

It's still a bit wet out there, but looking at the weather map, this may be the driest things get for another few days. So I'm going to at least get the yard mowed. I'll weed eat next week...if I survive. Nice thing is, I'm teaching Sunday school in the morning, so in about 13 hours, if I'm not at church, people will come lookin' for me. Wish me luck!

No comments: